View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #455
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
I would love if you could elaborate on that statement, please. For me, Tony in IM3 was the same guy he was in the other films. In fact, IM3 brought him back to his IM1 roots, where he's a snarky douche who also has a heart, and isn't afraid to get emotional. The character trajectory in this film is the direct result of The Avengers, and to me it felt like a natural progression. I'd love to understand how they messed up "everything that the Avengers got right."
Dont bother replying to those posts. Everyone will have their opinions, some of them may sound very odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
They showed the trailer for Thor at my show.
both my advance screening and friday night screening showed the trailer, crowd went hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave View Post
Neat. My sold out Imax crowd was enjoying every minute of it. So yeah there's that.
I have yet to be in a Marvel movie were the crowd was dissapointed or silent when they left the theater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I actually think the film was very well done. As far as acting, direction, effects, etc.

My problem is with the plot. Didn't think it was necessary. If it had gone differently, the film would be bumped up from the 8/10 that I stuck it at.
The main problem with IM3 is that people were expecting many things to happen in the movie, which is not a bad thing considering the marketing used bait and switch tactics.
The direction they took was unexpected, but i thought they nailed what they were aiming for perfectly.
I was initially bothered, but Guy Pearce saved the plot twist for me and right now the movie is among my favorite in the marvel universe because they pretty much hit the point of why Tony is Iron Man instead of some random guy wearing a high tech prosthesis.

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote