View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #56
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Considering there are 10 rings with 10 different powers, I'd say the possibilities there for variation and creativity in a fight with Iron Man are immense. But when any of his lava soldiers can rip Iron Man's armor apart like it's no big deal then I gotta say that cheapens the end fight as well. I want Mandarin to be the only one who can really stand up to Iron Man. It makes him more special. But here he's the same as all the rest and yet for some reason he gets extra emphasis even though he's no different than all his soldiers.
Mandarin really was the only one who could stand up to Iron Man. He appeared to be stronger, a better hand to hand fighter, and far more menacing than his soldiers. Of course the 'science' of the characters was a bit vague and perhaps they could have elaborated further on it. Still, I find this all to be minor nitpicking. You can do this for any movie and ruin it for yourself. My advice is to turn your brain off a smidge and enjoy the ride. I wasn't think about how the end battle got cheapened by aspects of the plot. Just enjoying see Tony lead his armors into battle and a surprsingly great CGI fight scene.

Would I have liked to see other abilities for Extremis? Yeah, I would have but it is what it is.

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.
ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote