View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #883
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
I know everyone likes to blame Arad for trying to "force" Venom and the symbiote into the film,but I blame Raimi and to a lesser extent,Topher Grace. I blame Sam for the reasons you mentioned.
Though, Raimi wouldn't need to do what he did if the studios didn't force Venom on him and trusted him to make a good film without interference. It's downright shameful that the suits wouldn't trust a man that gave him them two successful movies.

Quote:
Still...
And I blame Topher too because here's a guy who claimed he was this huge Venom fan. Yet,when he saw how the film was treating the character why not speak up? Actors give opinions on their characters and motivations all the time. If it were me,I would've went up to Sam or the writers and said,"Um,hey. Venom wouldn't do or say this."
If even Raimi had to submit to the whims of the suits, what can an actor of Topher's paltry standing do? Perhaps he did speak up, all for naught.

The Centurions Live Action Film!