View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #29
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Default Re: The 'The Wolverine' Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I broke down and saw Iron Man 3 and even after that I still don't think It's as good as ome others do but with 3-d It's likely to hit 700 Million Worldwide.Man of steel will be a batman begins style hit although with 3-d that could get up to 250 Million domesticly.
IM3 has already passed $680m WW, well on it's way passing $1bn.

Quote:
Thor Is the question mark.The question Is which one will do better domesticly Thor or the wolverine.Remember Iron Man 1 and 2 did over 300 Million domesticly without 3-d
so It has better chances to go high.Remember Robert DOwney JR Isn't In thor and without him MS films tend to do X-Men business.
Still possable that 3-d pushed Thor to 190-200 Million range Domesticly.Don't forget catching fire opens In November and while Chris Hemsworth Is more known now he still Isn't as big a star as Hugh Jackman.
In light of IM3 numbers I'd say $300m US is a very real possibility for Thor, & $700m WW. Possibly higher, so we'll see as it gets closer.

I think MoS will hit $300m US / $300m+ OS.

Maybe I'm being a little optimistic for TW because I like the character & Jackman so much, & 'cause Mangold has a good track record but I'll say $200m/$200m for it. Though that's probably the ceiling. Still if the quality is good and it gets close to those numbers it'll keep the goodwill momentum going that XFC started, and roll it into DOFP.

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? - Bill Hicks