View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #38
jonathancrane
Hank Pym > Scott Lang

Default Re: What did you LIKE and ENJOY about Iron Man 3 [SPOILERS]

The whole film. To be more specific:

-I enjoyed the characterization of Rhodey in this film: Cheadle gave a great performance and the character was written with a sense of humor,
unlike Iron Man 2.
-Rebecca's Hall's performance: I thought her interaction with Tony was great.
-Killian's arc: even with his post-prologue actions in consideration, I did feel bad for him. Even though I never invested in celebrity worship, one of the people I deeply respected turned out to be a pure scumbag this past year, which was something of a downer. With that noted, Pearce's Killian is the best villain Iron Man has had thus far. The next person has a large set of shoes to fill.
-I am agreement with the above posters: it was nice to have a multi-state narrative, especially with the Southern states included.
-The return to the Cave: I really enjoyed Tony having to fight his own battle, instead of SHIELD and the Avengers becoming plot conveniences, or worse, Deus Ex Machina.
-The Wormhole's Effect on Tony: it was a nicely written and performed.
-The abundance of dragon imagery on/with the Mandarin. Loved it.
-The Bern Conference.

*I will forgive the writers of Man of Steel, if Superman is the Enlightened Sun God he is supposed to be, in Superman vs. Batman. Quite simply, Superman does not kill. The writers of MOS failed to grasp this, to this film's detriment.
Favorite CBMs: 1) X2 2) The Avengers 3) CA:TWS 4) Watchmen 5) Batman: MOTP 6) The Dark Knight Rises 7) Thor: TDW 8) TASM 9) IM3 10) S/B: Apocalypse
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote