View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #497
Spideysays
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
Dont bother replying to those posts. Everyone will have their opinions, some of them may sound very odd.

both my advance screening and friday night screening showed the trailer, crowd went hype

I have yet to be in a Marvel movie were the crowd was dissapointed or silent when they left the theater.

The main problem with IM3 is that people were expecting many things to happen in the movie, which is not a bad thing considering the marketing used bait and switch tactics.
The direction they took was unexpected, but i thought they nailed what they were aiming for perfectly.
I was initially bothered, but Guy Pearce saved the plot twist for me and right now the movie is among my favorite in the marvel universe because they pretty much hit the point of why Tony is Iron Man instead of some random guy wearing a high tech prosthesis.

This added to my feeling that it is a bad movie. Everyone in my showing was overly negative. Crowd booed at the end credit scene, Some guys called it "s--tty" outloud and they got applause, no one said a thing afterwards. Usually, I'm used to some cheers and excitement at Marvel midnight showings. Absolutely zero this time. Just awkward silence.

Spideysays is offline   Reply With Quote