View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #139
Mr. Dent

Default Re: MCU Phase 2 Box Office/Budget Prediction Thread

I was going to put it at $200m but I really don't think it needs it. I wouldn't be surprised at $200m though.

As for me being confident, well yeah, the Marvel brand is the hottest in Hollywood right now, even better than Pixar. I think even if a film from Marvel Studios were to disappoint the hype overall will be enough to carry them. GotG and Ant-Man are exceptions obviously, because they aren't as established as the other characters, but I feel both of those movies will be great.

As for non-Marvel Studios films, the Marvel brand still helps them, but I am assuming that all of them will be good. I have confidence in Josh Trank to deliver a good FF for the GA, I like what I'm seeing from TASM2 so far and bar the film being a total disaster I'd say it's guaranteed over $850m at least, considering TASM had the whole world working against it and it still made $750m. DOFP doing $700m is definitely a likely possibility, as I'm sure you'd agree. The one I think has the most potential for flopping is The Wolverine, but I have a feeling it will do decently.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote