View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #141
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: MCU Phase 2 Box Office/Budget Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I was going to put it at $200m but I really don't think it needs it. I wouldn't be surprised at $200m though.

As for me being confident, well yeah, the Marvel brand is the hottest in Hollywood right now, even better than Pixar. I think even if a film from Marvel Studios were to disappoint the hype overall will be enough to carry them. GotG and Ant-Man are exceptions obviously, because they aren't as established as the other characters, but I feel both of those movies will be great.

As for non-Marvel Studios films, the Marvel brand still helps them, but I am assuming that all of them will be good. I have confidence in Josh Trank to deliver a good FF for the GA, I like what I'm seeing from TASM2 so far and bar the film being a total disaster I'd say it's guaranteed over $850m at least, considering TASM had the whole world working against it and it still made $750m. DOFP doing $700m is definitely a likely possibility, as I'm sure you'd agree. The one I think has the most potential for flopping is The Wolverine, but I have a feeling it will do decently.
Fair enough. Though about DOFP's budget, the film has a big cast and most of them are returning from the original trilogy. And for the first time, there will be Sentinels and I just don't see it having a $175 million budget especially the budget for First Class was between $140 to $160 million.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote