View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #142
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: MCU Phase 2 Box Office/Budget Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
IM3 probably could have done numbers around your first prediction if word of mouth wasn't so mixed. With so many people split between loving and hating IM3, I honestly think it could affect the sales of the movie.
Not sure what you mean. I readjusted my prediction to $1.2b from $900m. Also, $1.2b is basically a lock. With the average MCU multiplier of 2.7 the film will hit $477m and the film will hit $750m OS in the next two weeks, and has a very good chance of $800m OS when all is said and done as well.

Also, as far as the WOM being mixed...not really. The film got an 'A' Cinema Grade score, is at 79% on RT and 7.8 on IMDb. The WOM is good. Being controversial isn't the same as being bad or mixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Fair enough. Though about DOFP's budget, the film has a big cast and most of them are returning from the original trilogy. And for the first time, there will be Sentinels and I just don't see it having a $175 million budget especially the budget for First Class was between $140 to $160 million.
Big robots shouldn't bring the budget to $200m alone. I mean, look at Pacific Rim. I really doubt that has a $200m budget. Like I said though, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm just saying the budget will be $175-200m.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote