View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #144
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Default Re: MCU Phase 2 Box Office/Budget Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Not sure what you mean. I readjusted my prediction to $1.2b from $900m. Also, $1.2b is basically a lock. With the average MCU multiplier of 2.7 the film will hit $477m and the film will hit $750m OS in the next two weeks, and has a very good chance of $800m OS when all is said and done as well.

Also, as far as the WOM being mixed...not really. The film got an 'A' Cinema Grade score, is at 79% on RT and 7.8 on IMDb. The WOM is good. Being controversial isn't the same as being bad or mixed.

Big robots shouldn't bring the budget to $200m alone. I mean, look at Pacific Rim. I really doubt that has a $200m budget. Like I said though, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm just saying the budget will be $175-200m.
I wouldn't say 1.2 bil is a lock. Not that I don't want it to make that much but I still don't see it doing that much but I could be wrong and only time will tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Have we seen *any* evidence of an *actual* mixed reaction by the general audience? Reminder: *we are not the general audience*. Dozens or hundreds of outraged fans do not matter a wit in actual results.
And as far as me saying word of mouth is mixed I'm going off of 1. people I've talked to who've seen the movie or heard from friends who've seen the movie and even they say they're hearing mixed things about it and 2. the whole internet is a buzz about this movie not just this forum. Like I said it's either you like it or you hate it and from the looks of things the audience is split about the movie. Of course I know the critics are loving it but come on we all know by now that's not the best indicator of if a movie is liked or not. Look at the Transformers franchise, critics panned it, audiences loved it.