View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #75
SoNicRaDiATioN
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
It's all part of an overall image though for it's subsidiaries. Disney realized it wasn't good for it's brand to release R rated films so it decided to purchase touchstone to allow for that.

Disney didn't buy Marvel to release those types of films, hell their films have so far tended to be lighter in tone than the stuff WB/DC has released. Disney owns Marvel and can dictate what type of films it will or won't release. Also Marvel is much more closely associated to disney than touchtone pictures is.

I would highly bet against the idea that marvel will be releasing any r-rated films at least in the near future. Marvel's image as a studio now is the lighter pg-13 avengers related material and trust me disney isn't complaining about that.
Things evolve. They haven't touched these characters yet so there is no need to go there. When the time comes, I have no doubt in my mind they will do what they need to to stay true to the characters. Hell. I have no doubt that the Thor, Cap and Avengers sequels will get darker in tone (or less light). Disney has been good not to step on Marvel's toes to this point (and Iger used words to that effect after they aquired Marvel). Daredevil, Punisher, Ghost Rider, they require different tones, darker tones. So again, I have no doubt whatsoever that Marvel Studios will honor the integrity of their very own creations IF they bring them to the big screen. I don't think Disney is as sensitive about image as some people like to pretend. If they were, they probably wouldn't have put some of the programs they have on ABC the past few years. Plus they could just release the film under Marvel Studios and take the magic castle away. But I doubt it's even an issue.

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote