View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #12
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men: Part 6 should be set...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Hugh has showing nothing but loyalty to the Wolverine role. We have no idea if this will be has last outing, when as far as I'm aware, he has said nothing to indicate that it is.

As for your second paragraph, wait "10-15 years" for the FC cast to "grow into their roles a lot better"? Really? That is more likely than further movies with the OT cast? If you make a FC sequel, then stop for the foreseeable future... like anyone will give a damn about the FC cast in 15 years time with no movies inbetween to keep them hyped, to keep momentum.

The series will long since have been rebooted before they "wait" for the FC cast to age.
Well if the trinity from the SW franchise returns for at least Episode 7, I think anything is possible. Yeah I'd expect the FC cast to take a breather after three movies, assuming we get the third. Maybe they'll come back to it. But no, I am not going to rely on Singer going with the OT cast for X4-6 and beyond. It's just not feasible considering the ages of Stewart, Mckellan, even Jackman at this point. Nothing is going to convince me otherwise, until they come out and say they have said actors signed on for 2-3 more films. And that's the kind of commitment it would take, if we are getting an Apocalypse trilogy, or some overarching villain spanning multiple pictures. I think we will get that trilogy eventually, but with a new cast. I can see Fox returning to spin-offs and smaller projects before scaling it up again with yet another trilogy. Third FC movie by 2017 or 2018. X4-6 another 8-10 years later with a new cast, and hopefully Michael and James reprising their roles. Of course if they are able to sign everyone back from the OT, I'm all for it. But it has to be AT LEAST a 2 picture deal where they film both movies back to back.

Last edited by Mr.M; 05-07-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote