View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #111
roach
I am the night

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I wonder how much of it is him being a diva vs. them messing up his character. I don't have Iron Man 2 on DVD or Blu-ray, so I haven't seen the deleted scenes.
I do know that he has a habit of being diva-ish...and I am not sure that the deleted scenes are on the DVDs or Blu-rays...I remember reading he was upset because they reduced his character from complex character to typical villain.

and Terrence Howard's situation is a little more than we believe:
On being replaced, Howard stated, "There was no explanation, apparently the contracts that we write and sign aren't worth the paper that they're printed on sometimes. Promises aren't kept, and good faith negotiations aren't always held up." Entertainment Weekly stated Favreau did not enjoy working with Howard, often re-shooting and cutting his scenes; Howard's publicist said he had a good experience playing the part, while Marvel chose not to comment. As Favreau and Theroux chose to reduce the role, Marvel came to Howard to discuss lowering his salary – Howard was the first actor hired in Iron Man and was paid the largest salary. The publication stated they were unsure whether Howard's representatives left the project first or if Marvel chose to stop negotiating

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan