View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #57
Colossal Spoons
Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 1

Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
I'm just burned that they left out some of Kingsely's best lines of dialogue from the trailers in the film.

"Ladies, children, sheep..." - Not in film.
"Lesson. Number. One... Heroes, there is no such thing." - Not in film.
"I'm going to offer you a choice. Do you want an empty life, or a meaningful death?" - Not in film.
"Mr. Stark. Today, is the first day of what's left of your life." - Not in film.

I would have accepted the twist a lot easier, especially knowing it was going to happen -- I if I had still gotten to see MORE of Kingsley absolutely owning the role and being a total badass. He was so spot-on. So perfect. I wanted these lost pieces to get every bit of it. Why were these cut?

Don't sell me a bill of goods, promising my money for an amazing take and performance by an amazing actor -- and then leave almost EVERYTHING that you advertised him doing on the cutting room floor.

It was all part of this "clever" and "artistic" bait&switch

Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Perhaps it's time Marvel started inventing some rogues for Iron Man then.
They had a chance to use a good one; Crimson Dynamo in IM2. They chose to merge CD with Whiplash to give us that thing played by Mickey Rourke.

Impatiently awaiting the resurrections of Professor X, Nova(Richard Ryder), and Exodus