View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #57
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
I'm just burned that they left out some of Kingsely's best lines of dialogue from the trailers in the film.

"Ladies, children, sheep..." - Not in film.
"Lesson. Number. One... Heroes, there is no such thing." - Not in film.
"I'm going to offer you a choice. Do you want an empty life, or a meaningful death?" - Not in film.
"Mr. Stark. Today, is the first day of what's left of your life." - Not in film.

I would have accepted the twist a lot easier, especially knowing it was going to happen -- I if I had still gotten to see MORE of Kingsley absolutely owning the role and being a total badass. He was so spot-on. So perfect. I wanted these lost pieces to get every bit of it. Why were these cut?

Don't sell me a bill of goods, promising my money for an amazing take and performance by an amazing actor -- and then leave almost EVERYTHING that you advertised him doing on the cutting room floor.

-R
It was all part of this "clever" and "artistic" bait&switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Perhaps it's time Marvel started inventing some rogues for Iron Man then.
They had a chance to use a good one; Crimson Dynamo in IM2. They chose to merge CD with Whiplash to give us that thing played by Mickey Rourke.