View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #107
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
I disagree entirely but that's not what I want to draw attention to. You're ok with your first adjective to describe IM3 being hilarious? This wasn't Superhero Movie directed by Marlon Wayans. Every other Marvel movie had jokes, which is to be expected but I'd never call Cap, Avengers, etc "hilarious". Hopefully Marvel doesn't look at the box office numbers and think "Oh people must love the jokes!". If so, I hope they plan on releasing Director's Cuts with 70% less jokes.
What's wrong with a movie being hilarious? Why does every superhero movie have to be dark or melodrama? I like that Iron Man doesn't take itself too seriously and is often tongue in cheek. It's completely unique. That's why the franchise and character has exploded in popularity. People go to the theater to be entertained and comedy is big part of that. It's the reason why Iron Man 3 made $30 million dollars more in three days than First Class did for it's entire run in the U.S.

And yes, Avengers was hilarious. There is as much comedy in that movie as there was in IM3. Thor was hilarious as well.

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.