View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #115
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
What's wrong with a movie being hilarious? Why does every superhero movie have to be dark or melodrama? I like that Iron Man doesn't take itself too seriously and is often tongue in cheek. It's completely unique. That's why the franchise and character has exploded in popularity. People go to the theater to be entertained and comedy is big part of that. It's the reason why Iron Man 3 made $30 million dollars more in three days than First Class did for it's entire run in the U.S.

And yes, Avengers was hilarious. There is as much comedy in that movie as there was in IM3. Thor was hilarious as well.
I definitely didn't want dark melodrama, it's why I HATE Nolan's Batman movies. However, at no point other than when Tony's house got wrecked did I feel like anybody was seriously in danger. Even the final fight with Killian, he was just jumping from suit to suit. Just didn't have that sense of "epic boss fight" that I've come to expect from superhero movies. Sorry again to bring up more DC stuff as this isn't the place but I really think MoS is going to do boss fights justice when Supes finally throws down with Zod.

Ok, well then we just have a semantic disagreement regarding what's hilarious. I can dig it