View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #117
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Superman! View Post

no wonder Robert Downey Jr. doesnt want to make another ironman movie. But i hope he does, great actor, he makes every movie great. Without him Marvel is in trouble and they know it that`s why they gonna pay him what he wants.
Do you really think he cares about super villains? He is probably tired of wasting the prime of his career playing characters in two franchises. Bale and Tobey did the same thing. Raimi, Nolan, Burton, Favreau, and Donner all moved on too. Joss Whedon will eventually after a couple more Avenger movies.

RDJ doesn't really have much more to do with the role. People love him and he is the best part of every movie. A great actor shouldn't be tied down to two characters. The most important thing is him appearing in a couple more Avengers movies.

Also, I don't think Marvel is in trouble. Everything they touch is gold. Thor 2 and Captain 2 will be successes. Guardians and Ant Man are the wild cards. The whole thing just makes Marvel exciting because they are willing to try different things. This is what seperates them from DC, which is completely top heavy. We are getting Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man movies while they struggle to bring Superman,Watchmen, and Green Lantern to the big screen.

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.