View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #119
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
I definitely didn't want dark melodrama, it's why I HATE Nolan's Batman movies. However, at no point other than when Tony's house got wrecked did I feel like anybody was seriously in danger. Even the final fight with Killian, he was just jumping from suit to suit. Just didn't have that sense of "epic boss fight" that I've come to expect from superhero movies. Sorry again to bring up more DC stuff as this isn't the place but I really think MoS is going to do boss fights justice when Supes finally throws down with Zod.

Ok, well then we just have a semantic disagreement regarding what's hilarious. I can dig it
Why do you have to feel that somebody is in danger? You know they are never to kill off a superhero or let the villain win in any of these movies. You already know the outcomes. That's the problem with this genre, it's predictable. And that's why the rest of the stuff like comedy and characters is so important.

I thought the final fight was a pretty epic boss fight. Truth be told, there haven't been many of them in superhero movies. I can't think of any in any Batman or X-Men movie. Spider-Man is really the only one that comes close. Doc Ock vs. Spider-Man is still the best, in my opinion.

Humor is subjective I guess but I think most people find these movies to be funny and amusing. There really isn't anything like an Iron Man movie in the genre and that's why they are special. Enjoy them while they last is what I'm saying.

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.