View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #558
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Speaking of money .... it would appear that truly was the center of the problem when it came to the Norton situation. Nothing against Ruffalo, he did a fine job ..... but still, after that article I think we know the truth now about Marvel.

The re-casts are inevitable at some point. Unless the rest of the solo-adventures receive huge boosts in the box office, eventually these guys are going to get tired of playing the parts. The only guy I ever got the impression he was enjoying his time (aside from RDJ) was Hiddleston.

When I think about the irony that surrounds not only this situation but the state of Comic Book films in general when it comes to Marvel and DC, I just don't know how to respond to it really.lol

1. We have Warner Bros. who owns all of DC's major characters that are needed in order to create a proper DC Cinematic Universe but since they are not entirely devoted into making Comic Book Genre films like Marvel Studios are, they aren't able to get their act together in how they should approach it.

2. Then we have Marvel where several of their major players are owned by different big time film studios, with Spider-Man belonging to Sony and X-Men/Fantastic Four belonging to Fox, thus preventing Marvel from putting everyone into a big Marvel Film. But in the same time, since Marvel Studios owns a good amount of singular major players from the Marvel Universe and are devoted into making comic book genre films, they are able to create something like the MCU.

3. However, at the same time, DC Comic Book films supposedly have the luxury of being able to financially back up their films and their cast/crew while places like Marvel Studios aren't so fortunate apparently as they wish to go about things as cheaply as they can.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote