View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #554
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I get that money is an issue and the training thing is probably also a huge pain in the ass, but these rumors are still hugely disappointing, especially in relation to Hemsworth's trepidation about coming back. Marvel made your frickin' career, and you're gunna be pissed that they're only willing to pay the amount agreed to in your contract?? I'd think the smaller actors would be willing to work with Marvel because of the chance the studio took on them. RDJ should be pretty willing too, considering Marvel gave him his old career back as well.

And I'm sorry, but I couldn't feel any less sympathy over these stories about millionaires whining because they want millions more to act on camera or play a sport

I understand it would suck to train so much, but f***in' boo hoo, it's what you get paid for, I'm very disappointed in Mr. Hemsworth if this is all true
Your opinion literally makes zero sense.

The money has to go somewhere. Would you rather it completely line the pockets of the fat cat's atop Marvel? If you're pissed about the money these people make then stop paying for tickets. When they signed Hemsworth they included "options" for renegotiations before filming some of the other films. What he's doing is perfectly acceptable and within his rights.

$5 million for Hemsworth is a drop in the big Marvel bucket. Marvel gave him the opportunity, but he MADE the character. Without him it's not the same. It goes both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
The question is why the rich owners of the company should get it instead, when they obviously pay their actors less than they are worth? Chris earned 20 times as much for Snow White and the Huntsman, which didn't exactly do as well as TA. So it's not about if they need more money or not, it's about why the richer people that don't actually work on the movies deserve to get all the benefits of the movies doing better than expected.

The topic of them not needing more money is, while true, a slippery slope since I can't justify how I can sit here and complain about movies and so on when people starve and work for less than $1 per day in other parts of the world.
Hell, Thor grossed more worldwide than Snow White .....

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 05-08-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote