Old 05-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #557
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I'm not saying the studio execs deserve it, hell, nobody deserves it
just like with athletes and the team owners
all these motherf*****ers complain about money, when they get paid ridiculous sums of money just to entertain us for an hour or two
It's not about complaining. It's about their right to negotiate from a large pool of money that is there and has to go somewhere. Again, if you don't like what they're paid then stop buying tickets to the movies and while you're at it, get everyone else to.

Quote:
That said, I understand wanting a raise after the billion dollar windfall from Avengers, but to have a bad enough attitude to walk away from the films is uncalled for. Yes, people like Hemsworth as Thor, but if it weren't for these movies, he'd still be a nameless Australian Soap actor. And it's not like Hemsworth is a proven commodity outside Thor, SW&TH hardly dominated the box office. I'd hate to see it because I loved Thor in both his film appearances, but if worse comes to worse he could definitely be recast.
It's not having a bad attitude. It's called negotiations. Have you ever negotiated anything in your life before, especially one where you're grossly underpaid based on the numbers, especially in light of RDJ's $70-$80 million he earned on Avengers? There is not one person on the planet who can argue Hemsworth only had a fraction of Downey's worth in that film.

Quote:
Unfortunately, depending on how the contracts were structured, the actors may have no leg to stand on in this. I'm not intimately familiar with the details, but a contract's a contract, s**t's legally binding.

The news about Chris Evans seems even stranger because he was reportedly so careful about getting what he wanted in the contract last time around

but I dunno, the only thing I'd say to any of these guys is: Terrence Howard's career.
They do have a leg to stand on. When Marvel signed them up, they gave them options that could be renegotiated. That is why right now Hemsworth is unsigned.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote