View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #558
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
I take all these rumors lightly. There's always crap spread around whenever actors are negotiating contracts with studios. Can you honestly imagine any of these actors not wanting to continue in TA2 or their own individual next movie? Or imagine that the studio will suddenly start making wholesale cast changes after the success they've had building them up? It's a stalemate for all involved and they'll all come to some agreement.

In tv world a lot of shows go belly up after 5 years because at that point most of the original cast who joined (often as unknowns) have become famous or well known and have 5 year contracts expiring and to re-sign them at the new rates massively increases the cost of making the show. Plus after 5 years the full time actors are entitled to syndication royalties, so they get that bit back from the show even if they're no longer in it.

It's business. And the people negotiating will be the managers and agents, not the actors themselves. And it will all be worked out but until it is Hollywood rags will keep spewing out OMGDRAMA! articles.

I don't believe for a second that Hemsworth deliberately slackened off his training. Look at his body! He looks better this time around and can hopefully appear more athletic with less of the bulk in his thighs but still retaining that fabulous upper body and with a less puffy face than the first movie. Yes, I said puffy, because I can't find a better word to describe it.
Agreed. The one thing that struck me about the article when I read it I felt like I saw a lot of "I hear this happened..." "I understand this actor said that". Reminds me of the game played when I was a kid at birthday parties, telephone, where you sit in a circle and one person starts by whispering something in the ear of the person next to them, then they whisper it to the next person and so on. You get 3, 4, 5 people down the line and the phrase has been twisted to where it's not what was originally said. In this case, I'll add that I question whether the 'quote' from the actors ever actually happened (I'll believe it when I see a *direct* quote, not a 'someone told me someone said he said this') and may just be the journalist trying to sensationalize the situation.

I don't think they should get paid as much as RDJ got paid for Avengers (hell, I'm not sure RDJ should've gotten paid as much as he got paid) but I do think the rest of the cast has been underpaid. I think ideally they should probably get a percentage on the back end (especially if, perhaps, they negotiate things so that they don't take as much up front).

Anywho... yeah, just my opinion. Negotiations, they happen. Nothing abnormal about it.

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote