View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #572
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
It's not about complaining. It's about their right to negotiate from a large pool of money that is there and has to go somewhere. Again, if you don't like what they're paid then stop buying tickets to the movies and while you're at it, get everyone else to.
well, that is why I generally... ahem... avoid paying for movies nowadays, and why I will never pay for anything related to sports. None of 'em deserve the cash they rake in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
It's not having a bad attitude. It's called negotiations. Have you ever negotiated anything in your life before, especially one where you're grossly underpaid based on the numbers, especially in light of RDJ's $70-$80 million he earned on Avengers? There is not one person on the planet who can argue Hemsworth only had a fraction of Downey's worth in that film.
No, sorry, I've never negotiated well above my worth for millions of dollars before. And I'm not saying Hemsworth has only a fraction of RDJ's value in terms of the film, but his impact on box office is probably a fraction of Downey's. Plus, Downey made out like a bandit with his back end deal. It almost seems like every actor should be content with a minimal up front payment and some sweet back end. That way you're actually earning your pay. the days of actors getting $20 million up front are, hopefully, long gone.

I'm not arguing with you that with such a huge pool of cash, the actors deserve as much as anyone else.
I was just stating that, based on these hopefully sensationalized reports, it's upsetting to see a bunch of millionaires act like babies
But as others have said, hopefully this is all just THR and Deadline drumming up the drama to get page views.
Based on the Collider interview with Evans, it certainly doesn't sound like he has any bad feelings toward Marvel.

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote