View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #573
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
well, that is why I generally... ahem... avoid paying for movies nowadays, and why I will never pay for anything related to sports. None of 'em deserve the cash they rake in.
Every fan who passionately loves something, no matter what, is SUPPORTING the thing he loves. When I buy a CD of a band I like, I want to support the band by paying for it. This is a matter of honesty and respecting their good work. Just because these film makers make a "little more" money than an underground band, does not automatically mean they don't deserve the same thing. I am proudly saying that I'm going to theaters. I'm buying the DVDs of movies I love, because I value the movies. Saying you don't, is nothing you should be proud of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Assuming if the recent news reports are true, I can't believe that there was possibly so much tension going on behind-the-scenes regarding Chris's salary for his upcoming portrayal as Thor in this film. I really hope that MS don't end up losing him within the near future because I just can't see anyone playing Thor and pulling it off like Chris has done in a long awhile. They need to keep Chris on board for two more avengers films and at least one more Thor film.
There is apparently something going on there for most of the cast, if not all. I heard that same issue about RDJ. Appearing last week on "The Daily Show," "Iron Man 3" star Robert Downey Jr. was coy when asked whether he will "keep going" with Marvel's flagship franchise, responding simply, "I don't know." "I had a long contract with them," he added with an exaggerated wink to host Jon Stewart, "Now we're going to renegotiate."

This leaves me speechless actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Speaking of money .... it would appear that truly was the center of the problem when it came to the Norton situation. Nothing against Ruffalo, he did a fine job ..... but still, after that article I think we know the truth now about Marvel.

The re-casts are inevitable at some point. Unless the rest of the solo-adventures receive huge boosts in the box office, eventually these guys are going to get tired of playing the parts. The only guy I ever got the impression he was enjoying his time (aside from RDJ) was Hiddleston.
Whenever someone had been replaced, and it was said they had "creative difficulties" this means, it was only about money. The Norton case was about money. And Terrence Howard case was about money too. I just don't think that asking for a little more salary for a sequel is wrong, if the first movie has been a success.

Marvel is greedy and has allegedly even threatened actors who asked for more sallary to replace them. Let's face it: They did that in the past! IM and RDJ have grossed so much money... Money they used to build up MS and make the Avengers which became the third sucessfull movie of all time. Why can't they just give a little bit of that huge cake to the actors instead of kicking everyone out who is not agreeing to this kind of behavior.

I have so much respect especially for Chris who has to get muscles like a god ... like each year. It deeply saddens me. I simply REFUSE to get another actor for IM, or for THOR!!

fear my name!"

I Show You Were The Hammer Hangs!

Last edited by Lady_Sif; 05-08-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Lady_Sif is offline   Reply With Quote