View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #563
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
No, sorry, I've never negotiated well above my worth for millions of dollars before. And I'm not saying Hemsworth has only a fraction of RDJ's value in terms of the film, but his impact on box office is probably a fraction of Downey's. Plus, Downey made out like a bandit with his back end deal. It almost seems like every actor should be content with a minimal up front payment and some sweet back end. That way you're actually earning your pay. the days of actors getting $20 million up front are, hopefully, long gone.

I'm not arguing with you that with such a huge pool of cash, the actors deserve as much as anyone else.
I was just stating that, based on these hopefully sensationalized reports, it's upsetting to see a bunch of millionaires act like babies
But as others have said, hopefully this is all just THR and Deadline drumming up the drama to get page views.
Based on the Collider interview with Evans, it certainly doesn't sound like he has any bad feelings toward Marvel.
But they are worth millions of dollars because their worth is defined by what people are willing to pay them, and other people than Marvel pay these guys more. Hemsworth only got about half the pay for TA as he got for SWatH, and the latter was probably less work and made just a small fraction of what TA made.

If you got an offer from a different company to do roughly the same job but get twice the pay, would you stick around your current employer because you don't need more money? I think very few would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
well, that is why I generally... ahem... avoid paying for movies nowadays, and why I will never pay for anything related to sports. None of 'em deserve the cash they rake in.
So people using their contracted stipulations of renegotiation are acting like babies, but not paying for the entertainment you consume and still sit there and have lots of opinions about how it should be done is not? I think my world view is quite different from yours.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote