View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #31
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men: Part 6 should be set...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
You know if this was an Xmen 4 without the FC team it would probably make less then X3 mostly because I heard a lot of people say they gave up on the franchise after that film but they claim to like FC though

Now if DOFP makes more then X3 you can partly guess its due to fans of FC who wanna see more of them and if singer adds some of the writing that made FC great to DOFP it could win over thoughs who lost interest in the original trilogy to wanna see a possible X4

Overall FC won over a lot of people, even with magneto,beast,mystique and xavier with new characters they can still do very well at the box office, esp after DOFP
If there was a direct link from FC3 to X-4, you are talking about a gap from the 70's or 80's, to sometime after DoFP, which is probably 30-40 years later. I don't think you can write a coherent, structurally sound story with all those years in between. I can't see a FC 3 taking place another 10-15 years after 1973 let alone a few years prior to DoFP or X-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
A third First Class film might do okay but it does seem odd to keep going backwards and forwards and could be confusing for the general audience. It all depends what happens at the end of DoFP - that will hopefully create an expectation of what is likely to be coming next.

Is part of the purpose of DoFP to give a boost to the First Class characters by surrounding them with the original trilogy stars? Or are the original trilogy stars the ones people really want?

At this point, it's really difficult to tell what Fox/Singer will do and what will work with the general audience.

They are not going to be able to keep adding new characters without taking some of the existing ones out.
Obviously they are intent on buffing this franchise, and that's the point of doing this storyline. It is the perfect formula to go about it. Ideally, I'd like to see both timelines continue.

2017: FC3 (Sinister and foreshadow Apocalypse)
2018: X-4 (With OT cast)
2019: X-5 (Final X-Men ensemble movie)

It's probably too ambitious. The budget to produce that trilogy would exceed a billion. And Singer couldn't direct all three unless he committed the rest of his career to the franchise. Possible, but wishful thinking.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote