View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #52
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: The 'The Wolverine' Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I feel like Ive seen all they could show already.

I mean, the Japan sets, those new characters, a bit of Silver Samurai..... no X-men.... Thats what this is about at the end of the day, lol.

Once the release is closer Fox will bombard the net with clips and 40 or more stills, so dont worry, lol
They need to change their marketing strategy!

I'm telling you FOX is probably the worst major studio when it comes to marketing! no wonder why they're always at last place when it comes to major studios and their yearly box-office incomes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I'm starting to wonder if any film with a Marvel logo will see a benefit of the Avengers regardless if it's Fox, Sony or Disney. Right now a majority of the audience will probably just make that connection with anyone in the Avengers, but the MCU rolls out so many films and owns so many characters now that I think people will just assume if it has the Marvel logo it's in the same Universe. Anyone outside fandom doesn't know how all those rights breakdown, and even then there are still debates on who owns who. Unless they start putting up text that says "Not Avengers", I think most will assume or at least question if they are part of the same universe by the Marvel logo. Especially since these characters are advertised together in all other forms of media. Could possibly lead to bigger box office for all studios imo.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I certainly hope so.
Thats why they need to bring back the original cast again for the 8th X-Men movie to keep the momentum, or at least bring back most of the cast of DOFP for the 8th movie.

They are gonna lose their momentum if they release another spin-off or prequel after DOFP.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 05-09-2013 at 11:57 PM.