View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #730
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I agree and apologize, I just hate it when people say "Everyone hates America". I'm American and proud of it. America isn't prefect even though our Government tries to hype us that way to the media. And sure we are a little arrogant at times in proclaiming were the best in the world. But I love our patriotism .
I hate it too, but this is the mantra Hollywood goes by. This is why Captain America got this forced subtitle of THE FIRST AVENGER which it didn't even get in most overseas countries. But it had that subtitle because they thought they would need it overseas to sell the movie because they were scared everyone would hate a patriotic looking American hero character that wears the American flag as his costume. They gave it that subtitle to try and tie into the Avengers even though it made no sense.

Also, when Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was getting group, a British kid specifically said he didn't like Captain America because he hates America.

The fact of the matter is this, internationally right now, Iron Man is more popular. Going by the focus groups, Captain America doesn't play as well as the leader of The Avengers. I don't agree with it, but that's the logic they go by.

- CM Punk