View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #528
Ant-manic
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I would like to see A.I.M as the villains but I'm not sure they will show up.

If A.I.M do show up again post-Iron Man 3 I hope they are closer to the comic counterpart.
I like the idea of making Elias Starr (Egghead) a A.I.M member and possibly having the organisation involved in Janet's father and Pym's wife's death.
i hadn't even thought about Vernon Van Dyne. but that could work. the Ant-Man season one book had Egghead accidentally kill Maria; while targeting Pym. i think the driving force behind a lot of the villainy in this movie could be Elias' professional envy. he's only extended membership in Advanced Idea Mechanics after Pym blows them off. anyways, i would expect A.I.M to change a lot since Aldrich isn't diverting their resources into making Stark's life miserable. i think their business plan should be scientific progress without the hindrance of morality and/or ethics. Tarleton would be your typical rule-the-world type. Elias would be in it for profit and acclaim. Rappaccini would be an extreme darwinist; being more the type to use a manufactured disease outbreak to reduce the world's population.

i think their target acquisition would be Pym's artificial intelligence work. this work would later be utilized by S.H.I.E.L.D to make life model decoys. A.I.M was more in it for expendable terrorists and infiltrating government.