View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #25
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Best 3rd movie in a CBM franchise so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaremaster316 View Post
Tony knew exactly where Killian was when Pepper fell into the fire, literally within sight.

IF he was even remotely in character, in the heat of the moment, when he went straight for him, he should have wanted to turn his face into a pile of featureless gore. Here, he just went "huh".

I know they're trying to make this series the light-hearted antithesis of the TDK franchise, but an action like that makes this series more "cold and distant" than anything from that trilogy that people made similar claims over.

In Spider-Man TAS, Spider-man put all jokes aside to make the Goblin pay for what he supposedly did to Mary Jane, and he's one of the most notorious wise crackers in CB lore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD3ILfkuC-Y
I do agree I would have liked more of a reaction to Pepper 'dying,' you can be as light-hearted as you want but Pepper was the most important thing in the world to Tony, he should have been pissed off and angry, not making wise-cracks 5 mins later.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote