View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #452
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
Good post, i completely agree 100%. Diana should be the compassionate, headstrong, stubborn, intelligent, and lovable Wonder Woman we've all come to known. This is why I liked the representation of her in the 2009 movie and in the new 52. She would go above and beyond just to save those who can't fend for themselves. I could care less about all that other stuff, just give me a good and enjoyable Wonder Woman movie that shows why she is a "Woman Wonder"
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
"compassionate, headstrong, stubborn, intelligent"

Can't these adjectives also apply to Superman and Batman?

On the same train of thought, what do you identify as Diana's quirks? Is Diana a more colorful/Marvel-like character than Superman or Batman? Is she just as serious?
Good points. Those should apply to every great superhero, imho. I think Diana is especially compassionate and headstrong, just as Batman is especially stubborn and intelligent while Superman is more balanced.

Her quirks are more tricky, as there are very different distinct Dianas. There's the warrior woman, there's the fish out of water, then the sort-of-goddess and lastly the Golden Age's catty fun girl. They can't all really go in the same pot very well. The vicious warrior doesn't mesh with the all-compassionate goddess and the naive fish out of water doesn't synch with the earthy savvy fun girl. I personally favor the more emotion-driven Diana over the hardcore warrior per se, but that might just be me.