View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #210
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
A buy in central midfield is the most important thing this summer, we need a top talent who can dictate a game as well as work hard and support Carrick's deeper work. I agree that it's hard to imagine Rooney moving abroad, Chelsea have become the new favourites to land him.
I wish Fergie had stayed a bit longer as I think there would have been some good moves made this summer. With Scholes out maybe this would be the time to get the guy for the future to replace him. Also the chances for Ronaldo coming back would be a lot higher and with him a chance of a last European Cup. Moyes I think will have trouble or at least need a lot more luck to get past the likes of Bayern next year. Oh well wish him a happy retirement especially if there's any truth to him retiring because of stress (bit late for that lol).

Quote:
Yes they were our first quality Midfield under Fergie, and then it became Keane and Ince by the time we wont our first PL. Before that Robson was paired with Webb and Phelan.
I was kind of hoping it would be guys I hadn't watched play but I guess have to face that I AM an old bastard!

Last edited by Iceman; 05-12-2013 at 08:57 AM. Reason: typos!