View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #652
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
What kind of Superman would fit with Nolan's Batman? A Clark Kent who trains with ninjas and isn't an alien? Or what about the "rebooted Batman"? Would the Batman who fits with MOS have Bruce Wayne bit by a radioactive bat??

You act as if Nolan's Batman films were actually realistic. Show me again the water evaporator weapon that can skip over killing humans and neatly turn Gotham's water supply into gas. Also show me fear gas while we're at it. Or a clown who can sneak around Gotham without being seen planting bombs just in case people decide to do certain things he already predicts are going to happen. Also show me vehicles like the Batpod (complete with the turning spinning wheel move) that Selina just so happens to know how to pilot perfectly without ever touching before. Show me the secret society of ninjas responsible for every major cataclysm since the beginning of mankind. Also show me THE GODDAMN BATMAN!

Translation: Nolan's films are pure fantasy and the notion that it's some kind of realistic crime drama is asinine. The idea that Superman could never interact with all the things I listed is just plain silly. We're talking about Batman and Superman. Just because Batman is "gritty and dark" doesn't mean it's not fantasy.
Yup. Nolans Bat films are still total fantasy they're only more realistic when you compare them to past Bat movies, Avengers or The Crow and stuff like that. But it's fantasy. Just like MOS is fantasy/sci-fi (which you can call TDK trilogy too)..but it seems more realistic than any past Superman movie we've ever seen.

They're linked because they're both grittier and more relatable than ever before when looking at Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne.

Was just watching the end of TDKR and that whole chase with The Bat, with Catwoman riding the bat-god which is doing some crazy ****. That whole long sequence is amazing but it could have fit in ANY comic book movie. Yes, that even includes Avengers.

The Nolan-verse could fit with the Snyder-verse no problem.