View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #619
DarthMuppet
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Okay, but they are making this for the fans as well.

Agent 13 is Sharon Carter, that's pretty common knowledge. Knowledge that would spread.

If Agent 13 being related to Peggy is supposed to come as a twist, then there would be better ways to hide it. Say Emily Vancamp is playing Laura Brown, or whoever.
I dunno... Most of my friends are not into comic books at all. They love the movies, but know next to nothing about the characters in the comics. I think you're overestimating how much people who are ONLY fans of the films would look into or even care about things like that. Even if they overheard someone say it, it still most likely wouldn't register. I tell friends details about the comics all the time and they still seem surprised when they see them onscreen. I told several friends about Black Widow before IM2 came out, and yet they were still shocked when the reveal happened midway through the movie. WE care about little details like that, WE obsess over them... sometimes I think WE also tend to forget that for most moviegoers comic books are (unfairly)written off as silly and only for kids until they're turned into movies.

I agree that they are also making the films for us. For the average moviegoer, yes, I think the Agent 13 being Sharon reveal would still be seen as a twist or surprise... for us, it's just dramatic irony.

Last edited by DarthMuppet; 05-11-2013 at 11:14 PM.