View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #655
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
JL will not be overshadowed simply because of the fact that it is the JL. WB/Legendary will not take this movie lightly and it will be a huge event no matter when it chooses to release. I'm not ignoring any facts. What you are ignoring is the fact that this movie has been worked on behind the scenes for quite some time. With a rumored writer on board and a director supposedly soon to be announced, a cast can rounded up by either the end of this year of the beginning of next. JL can easily make 2015 while being the fantastic movie it needs to be, and if WB wants it to happen it will happen. Longer doesn't always mean better.

Even with all of those movies releasing, that still does not dispute my point. Like I said, people will not suddenly run out of money when it's time to go see JL. It has as much of a chance as gaining a billion in the BO as the other films you listed. You're acting like something like that isn't possible.
Those and hopefully JL are all multiple repeat viewing type movies even for the GA, the kind of film (well maybe not Avatar 2 so much even though I saw the 1st film 3 times) that I might see up to 10 times if they were as good as they could be. Not only are there not enough weekends to see Star Wars 7, Avengers 2 & JL as much as I'd want I can't afford that. I'll instead be splitting my viewings between them as I guess will others to a much lesser extent. Instead of seeing JL twice they'll just see Star Wars & JL for eg. If instead of Star Wars the competition had been Snow White and the Huntsman they might have seen JL twice.

If JL is as big as you expect and Star Wars 7, Avatar 2 & Avengers 2 as big as nearly everyone else expects, all of them will be affected by each other and every last one of them will have been dumb to release at the same time. Competition is at least as important as how good your film itself is.