View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #656
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
The thing is that I believe Marvel needs to be taught a lesson. JL in 2017 with Darkseid would also be one year away from Avengers 3 with Thanos. If you go back a few pages, you will be able to read a rant of mine where I said that I believe Marvel needs to be taught a lesson because they got really arrogant in both comics and on film. What better way to do that than having Darkseid - the original Thanos - just one year before Avengers 3 to tire out the audience despite Marvel planning Thanos for a long while by then? If JL comes out in 2015, 3 years is plenty of time for a breath of fresh air for the GA to be open to Thanos.

It may sound a bit pathetic but part of the reason why I want JL in 2017 is because it would be the ultimate victory against Marvel. How is that not a good thing for WB/DC? Not only does their JL film make a little more than it would've in 2015 but Marvel will also suffer one major loss.
I agree, it does sound a bit pathetic. I supported Avengers not only because I liked Avengers (I like JL & Avengers equally) but because I like most comic properties and want all the best ones to have the chance to see the light of day. $1.5B later and JL after all these years of doubts suddenly looks like happening. If JL is planned for 2017 and as unlikely as it would be Avengers 2 somehow loses a tonne of money (as you seem to want & think is good for WB/DC) guess what might happen to JL?