View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #157
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Dear Kevin Feige... please don't slowly turn Marvel Studios into Fox or Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
The opening scene on New Year's Eve has nothing to do with pepper, Killian is after stark. He's there to see him he goes to the roof to show him his work

Yes he knows pepper and has a past with her that is established in her detest of him, but this through out the rest of the movie his motionvation is to get stark back on board with extremis

" a high position on the company has just opened up" not the extract quote but you get the idea

Pepper is a means to an end yes there are personal aspects that he has but they are not the main point to his plot, killian knows that if he has pepper he can use it as an ace on stark. If he gets pepper for himself then its a bonus

I have not insulted anyone or spoke down to anyone so please show me the same courtesy.

Anyway Killian is simply syndrome from the incredibles lol
I wasn't trying to insult or talk down to you; I just think you missed some plot points, though.

About the start of the movie: sorry, I wasn't talking about the NYE99 scene, I was talking about the modern-day scene when Killian has an appointment with Pepper at Stark Industries. That appointment shows that Killian isn't harboring a grudge against Tony and is, in fact, approaching his company for help (through Pepper, with whom he has a deeper history than with Tony).

Killian's motives change again when Pepper says no, that Stark Industries won't help fund Extremis. Then Happy gets nosy and triggers an accidental "misfire" by an Extremis goon in LA, prompting Killian to trot out the Fake Mandarin to disguise it as a terrorist attack; which, in turn, prompts Tony to declare war on Fake Mandarin; which, in turn, prompts Killian to say in effect: "**** it, I never liked Stark anyway....he wants a war, give him a war." His motive then changes *again* when Maya reveals that Tony might actually know how to fix the Extremis problem, and it's only then that he tries to take Tony alive.

Killian's attitude and motive shifts several times in the movie, but as long as you keep up, it doesn't get confusing. That's why I find IM3 to be a very intelligent script, surprisingly so for this genre; and all the plot holes I keep reading about are actually covered nicely. You just have to look closely, and not miss a beat.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote