View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #214
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Gosh, I hope there's nothing in this Rooney to Arsenal talk. I've been hearing whispers amongst the various ITK's that there is interest there on our part, and now the papers seem to be running with it too.
You don't want him at Arsenal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I wish Fergie had stayed a bit longer as I think there would have been some good moves made this summer. With Schioles out maybe this would be the time to get the guy for the future to replace him. Also the chances for Ronaldo coming back would be a lot higher and with him a chance of a last European Cup. Moyes I think will have trouble or at least need a lot more luck to get past the likes of Bayern next year. Oh well wish him a happy retirement especailly if there's any truth to him retiring because of stress (bit late for that lol).
I agree, I think at least one more season for Fergie to sort out a couple of key areas in the team, as you're right, it may be hard for Moyes to get the quality of signing we need as the uncertainty of a Fergieless United will be a concern for any potential targets who have multiple big club options.

Quote:
I was kind of hoping it would be guys I hadn't watched play but I guess have to face that I AM an old bastard!
That realization comes to us all mate, welcome to the club!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"