View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #674
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
If people want to view JL multiple times, they will find a way. If it is truly as epic as it should be, the movie will have nothing to worry about. Give the movies a week or two to breathe without crossing into each others' territory(as blockbusters tend to do) and things will be just like they are normally.

Honestly, an excuse like that isn't a good enough reason not to release JL in 2015.
I don't see how there is a way for me. If all the films meet my expectations I want to view Star Wars 7, Avengers 2, JL about 10 times each and Avatar 2 maybe 3 times. If they were in different years I could afford this (like I managed for the LOTR films). If they are in the same year I'll probably be able to watch the main 3 only 2 or 3 times each even if they are the 3 best films of all time.
I don't know how many other films you plan on watching that year but if you plan on watching a broad range, the multiple viewings will need to be split which they wouldn't have to be in any other year where it is not filled with all the potential biggest films of all time.

If you release all these films at the same time it doesn't matter if they are great. They will automatically all bleed some expected revenue and the one that is least established is most likely to suffer abroad.

And I don't know if you're interested in Avengers or not but for me it'll be like having 2 great meals one after the other instead of on different days if they are too close to each other. I'm far more interested in team superhero films than the solo ones so I don't want them taking anything away from each other and I don't want a massive gap till the next one after 2015 (assuming X-Men in 2014).