View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #675
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post
I would really like a big name Director to helm the Wonder Woman film. Someone like Peter Jackson. Attaching his name to a wonder woman movie would generate alot of interest from the GA.

Del Toro should direct Aquaman.

Brad Bird to direct The Flash.

Len Wiseman to direct The Batman reboot. He knows how to film action movies with good hand to hand combat fighting and the imaginative tech used in underworld and total recall were great.

Imagine Batman instead of selene and Batarangs in place of the blades. This would look sick on screen. I really would love to see bats throw some batarangs like he does in the cartoons.

Joseph Kosinski another director i like has a really cool visual style in Tron Legacy and Oblivion and i think transferring that style to make a Green Lantern movie would be a great.

I think visual directors are best to tackle comicbook movies because of their creative style and imagination. Just aslong as they have a great script in their hands they will show you great action and visuals.
Len Wiseman for Batman OR ANY of them is a horrible choice. Sorry man, but I find he's a really bad director. His films are utter **** to me. Live Free Or Die Hard?? Total Recall?? Underworld?? All garbage movies. To go from Nolan to him would be a joke.

Not a fan of Kosinski's movies but his visual style is appropriate for something less massive in pop culture..like a Green Lantern movie. I would put him on the shortlist for sure.

And I cant really associate Wiseman with being a great visual director. I don't want to see some CG fest for a Batman movie in 3D. And ill use an example. His Die Hard movie? The visuals were really awful. I remember sitting in the theater and laughing at how bad the CG and direction was.

I think the Bird for Flash and Del Toro for Aquaman is a bit backwards. I don't think they fit. Bird would be better for an Aquaman or Wonder Woman type of project. Even JL since he can do ensembles. And Del Toro is more fitting for Green Lantern or Dark Universe.