View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #168
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
The order to launch a nuclear strike was still beyond ridiculous. Not only would new york be destroyed but so much of the surrounding regions as well from nuclear fall out. It was the ultimate over-reaction, they'd be doing loki a favour by speeding up the destruction 10 fold.
Two odd things about this. First of all the nuclear strike might certainly interrupt the wormhole since it requires the device to continuously pump energy into it. Secondly Loki's plan wasn't to destroy everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
People tend to complain about the Sar Wars prequels, Matrix and other films from the first half of the 2000s overusing CGI and say certain effects are terrible when the normal public barelly notices a thing, and even today i still see many big profile films having worse CGI than those 10 years ago, yet these new films never get complains about overusing or bad CGI.
I personally don't see any comparison with the Star Wars prequels and The Avengers. I'm not a person that uses hyperbole and says that everything sucks or is great, but I'd say that Lucas is a poor script writer and director. He's very interested in the technical parts of filmmaking so some of his scenes come across as effects for the sake of effects, while Whedon is a very strong writer when it comes to characters so I think every scene manages to put something else above the effects.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote