View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #170
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
Two odd things about this. First of all the nuclear strike might certainly interrupt the wormhole since it requires the device to continuously pump energy into it. Secondly Loki's plan wasn't to destroy everything.

I personally don't see any comparison with the Star Wars prequels and The Avengers. I'm not a person that uses hyperbole and says that everything sucks or is great, but I'd say that Lucas is a poor script writer and director. He's very interested in the technical parts of filmmaking so some of his scenes come across as effects for the sake of effects, while Whedon is a very strong writer when it comes to characters so I think every scene manages to put something else above the effects.
That's true, but that complain was about people complaining about the prequels having "bad CGI", many don't say badly placed CGI, they just say it was bad, when it was in fact the best CGI of its time and has barelly aged, the problem in those films was that it was indeed overused, besides the scripts being bad.

I wouldn't call Joss Whedon a good plot writer, his plot's nothing special, he's a characters writer who excells in writing scripts, George Lucas is a good storyteller, the original trilogy should be enough to show that, he's just terrible in writing scripts.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote