View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #173
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Dear Kevin Feige... please don't slowly turn Marvel Studios into Fox or Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_Galaxy View Post
I love how Killian being the Mandarin is dumb and contrived, but a year ago Blake being Robin was enchanting and inspired. The reason film producers don't care that much about comic fans is because a large majority of them are ****ing clueless. Taking stands over the dumbest crap.

Pull the stick out and enjoy the films for what they are. No matter how many tickets you buy or comics you read there's a much larger audience to cater to with a movie. Most of them probably won't even remember the Mandarin in a few months. Studios are going to go for the best impressions they can with these characters, knowing a large percentage of viewers know nothing about them. And that's the fun. We get to see some exciting new developments for decades old characters.

Better than the self inflicted gunshot wounds Marvel Comics is giving itself. New developments and big events....and then back to the status quo. Interesting new direction for a character...and he's back to where he was originally. Nothing really changes in the long run. That's why they're being so influenced by the movies now.

Blake wasn't Robin.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote