View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #17
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It's pretty obvious that Marvel/Disney is creeping closer though. By saying they are using Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2, rather than Wasp or Warbird or Vision for instance, then they are slightly undermining the X-franchise as much as they can. Two mutant children of the X-franchise's key, long-standing villain will now appear in Marvel's films. And when Disney bought up the Star Wars series, Fox had to scrap its 3D re-releases of the existing films.

The onus is on Fox to deliver the goods. I hope that pressure is felt in a positive way in making the X-Men films as good as possible, so that they finally get the box office they deserve. I don't know how long Singer's going to stick around before he gets weary and goes off to another project like Battlestar, Excalibur, etc. It's a shame there isn't a Whedon waiting in the wings - someone who knows the comics inside out and is able to translate that to the big screen in a monumental way.
It doesn't matter if MCU uses Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver since they didn't even appear in a X-Men movie before. As long as they don't start releasing X-Men animated films in theaters, there's nothing to worry about. Marvel will only get the rights from Sony and FOX, when those 2 stopped releasing movies for Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote