View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #183
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Dear Kevin Feige... please don't slowly turn Marvel Studios into Fox or Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Are you kidding me? You can't honestly look at these movies and say faithfulness to their characters aren't the goal. Let's take out the Mandarin twist for a second.

Look at all the characters that were faithfully adapted, and I'm not talking visually. They nailed the core of 99% of their characters. The Avengers was a huge success, and others before it were successful in their own rights because they stuck to the characters. And they will still stick to the characters.

This thread reeks of just fanboy whining and entitlement because the angry fans didn't get what they wanted.
Right back at you, bro. When you see Iron Man publicly revealing his identity, the whole Donald Blake experience radically changed, Captain Rogers and his Howling Commandoes by way of Howard Stark's tech... are you seriously telling me all these changes were made to be more faithful to the comics? They were successful because they created great characters loosely based on those from comics, they did so in a way that was appealing and endearing. So much so that now the comics personalities line up more with the movie personalities when there were differences. The changes to the characters' personalities and stories and casts was motivated the same way changes to their visuals were - to make great movies. That is the goal, and anything 'faithful' that didn't fit that got cut, or at best, held off until a later sequel. There may be wining in the thread, but lets not counteract it with madness like faithfulness was more important than making successful films.

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote