View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #673
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That was JARVIS controlling all of the armors at Tony's command in the finale. Tony was still using the implants under his skin to summon the Mark 42 armor, however. He never had himself infected with the Extremis virus/drug, which I think was a wise decision on the writers' part. Tony needs to remain "a man in a can" to stay true to who he is at core. Having the arc reactor removed from his chest was in line with his heart transplant in the comics.
Agreed. The end battle sequence was all Jarvis and the level of power Tony had at the beginning of the movie.

No, I'm talking about the very brief sequence at the very end, of him getting the reactor taken out, where he narrates about "progress being dangerous" and "I am a changed man now". Granted, it's very subtle, and I could be wrong, but I was looking at the patch of white, unscarred skin on his chest where the reactor used to be in the shot where he throws the reactor into the Pacific and wondered at the level of reconstructive surgery in play here.

Seriously, why would he say that progress in heart surgery or acupuncture is dangerous? Answer: He's not talking about that. He's talking about having "fixed" Pepper and not stopping there. He upgraded Extremis, and then he took it himself. After all, he had just witnessed Pepper kicking Killian's ass with its help, and it makes sense that he'd want that for himself, just minus the glowing and exploding bits. Which he could fix, so he did.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Adamantium Man is offline   Reply With Quote