View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #372
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closerframe View Post
Likewise. Also, I would like villains that are an actual physical threat this time around. The Avengers had everything going for it besides a villain that did more than mess with the team psychologically. I want someone who can go head-to-head with the Hulk. I would also like a different setting other than New York City, SHIELD's base, and a German museum. Oh, and I want death (not just the entity, but someone from the team).
Yeah, agreed on all this except a character death. Unless someone is going to stay dead for the rest of Marvel's film future it just cheapens the concept of death to comic book status where it never matters and they always return.

And most of the main characters would give more value to the Marvel Universe alive for the next few decades than dead. Now if there was some huge Marvel Universe event with every film leading up to it and towards some kind of finality then I'd be fine with the top guys dying.

Coulson for eg I would have rather had around for all the future Marvel films more than the Avengers film benefited from his death. And if he comes back it's like completely wasting your crying wolf card early on. His return will mean that another character dying will have people thinking are they going to come back too or is this a real death?

But I definitely want a villain or multiple villains who between them can provide a real physical threat to The Avengers. That means they have a shot at taking out Hulk by themselves so that all the Avengers are needed to match him/her/them. And of course New York and SHIELD's base will feature but I want to see the team in some cool new places.