View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #17
georgec
Not a hero

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Who said Bats should shoot Bane in the neck with a grappling hook?
It's called facetious hyperbole, unless you actually thought I literally meant Batman would shoot Bane in the neck.

Quote:
We're not talking about Bats killing Bane here. We're talking about him using equipment that could help him win the fight. You're talking about something totally different.
Except, you assume that Batman would be able to use all his tools without Bane's men interfering. Why do you think Nolan included those shots of Bane's men watching? This was an extremely hostile environment for Batman to walk into. He was trapped in a small area under watch. Much different than the end of TDK where he might have been chased but still had plenty more freedom to move around and use his tools.

I've said already Bane's men were prepared and expected Batman to use things like flashbangs. But if Batman used a grappling hook to gain position and evade Bane, for example, I could see Barsad shooting at it to break the cable and not allow Batman to get a break.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.