View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #398
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
After having just seen Iron Man 3, let alone the big Oil Rig sequence in terms of how it was executed on screen, I really do hope that Whedon really steps it up several notches when it comes to how he portrays his action sequences.

I've said this before that while I do think Whedon knows on how to direct his actors and present a great story, filled with great and interesting characters, when it comes some of the production aspects of making a film, he tends to lack in some areas, namely, when it comes to staging a great action sequence.

Case in point, while the budget for "The Avengers", let alone the scope of the story, was bigger than "Iron Man 3", I felt that the scenes in Iron Man 3 were much more intense and executed better than an good amount of the action sequences in The Avengers. The gunfight sequence in the Hellcarrier was without a doubt one of the most plain and boring sequences that I've seen within an action film; it felt like something that I'd see in a TV episode.

And I really hope that the Avengers sequel isn't afraid to actually show the casualties and horrors of deaths like the first one did since Iron Man 3 had those needed qualities in my opinion, whereas I felt the Avengers felt hesitant at times to fully go there when they could have.
That gunfight sequence yikes...for a Super Solider Cap can't hit the broad side of a barn with an automatic weapon! That would have been a perfect opportunity to showcase some Super Soldier skills but..no...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYVZjKgoKdg