View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #53
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
TDKR just smacked of being competent. The fireworks of TDK were hard to follow. Overall, making a mediocre threequel is no mean achievement.
Funny then how so many have attempted to reveal its supposed incompetence.

Although for my money, TDKR displayed more virtuosity than mediocrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Anyways, my intention wasn't malicious...or to try to speak for others. I was conjecturing based on reactions to TDKR and IM3 around these boards from fans, and that wasn't even my point. My point was that the polarizing reaction from IM3 seems to be based around the big switcheroo, the "duping" of fans who now feel cheated. Of course there are other criticisms, but that is probably the single most active point of conversation in terms of criticisms.

With TDKR, it seemed people were more just disappointed with the overall scheme of things rather than one big thing. Is that fair?
I think that's totally fair and a good observation. Obviously you can't generalize for EVERYONE, but for many people that's precisely the case. We all bring baggage into these movies. It's silly to try and deny that.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 05-14-2013 at 12:31 PM.